1. Syracuse (9-0): The Titans capped their first outright Region 1 title with a perfect regular-season record. With a bye this week, the Titans can rest up for a long playoff run.
2. Northridge (8-1): Once again, the Knights won by the skin of their teeth, this time against Davis. With the No. 2 seed in Region 1 locked up, expect Northridge’s bench players to see time against Mountain Crest on Friday.
3. Box Elder (6-3): The Bees took their shot at league champion Logan, but came up short. A non-league playoff tuneup against Highland is next.
4. Davis (5-4): A comeback attempt versus Northridge came up short, so now the Darts must defeat Layton in a play-in game next Tuesday for the No. 3 seed in Region 1.
5. Morgan (6-3): Three consecutive wins helped the Trojans earn the second spot in Region 11 heading into the playoffs. It will be interesting to see how many starters play in a meaningless game versus Roy this week.
6. Fremont (2-7): The Silver Wolves only have two wins, but both came in crucial region games, including a 20-0 drubbing of Layton last week. Now Fremont is in the state 5-A playoffs with the No. 4 spot in Region 1 (earned via coin toss).
7. Layton (3-8): A three-way tie in Region 1 for the final two playoff spots forces the Lancers to duel Davis in a play-in game next Tuesday. Will they overlook 4-A foe Bountiful on Friday, looking forward to their showdown with the Darts?
8. Roy (5-4): Two nail-biting losses in league play will haunt Fred Fernandes and the Royals until camp begins next season. The Royals missed out on the 4-A playoffs by just one game.
9. Bear River (5-4): The Bears aren’t heartbroken by their non-league loss to Pine View. A win over Tooele this week would cap an impressive Region 11 campaign with the postseason looming.