1. Syracuse (8-0): The Titans have already locked up at least a share of the Region 1 crown, but a win over lowly Weber on Friday will give them the championship outright.
2. Northridge (7-1): Layton came dangerously close to handing the Knights their second straight loss, but somehow, Northridge pulled out the victory in the closing minutes.
3. Box Elder (6-2): The Bees hung tough with Mountain Crest and had their hands full with Bonneville, but they are still in the Region 5 title hunt if they can knock off Logan.
4. Davis (5-3): Winners of two of their last three games, the Darts have a chance to take third in Region 1 if they upset Northridge and get some help from Fremont against Layton.
5. Layton (3-5): The Lancers destroyed Davis, but couldn’t put the final nail in the coffin against Northridge despite opening up a huge lead. They will take out their frustration on Fremont.
6. Roy (5-3): The Royals are one of three teams battling for the last playoff spot in Region 5. Mountain Crest is all that stands in their way if they can put last week’s heartbreaking loss to Sky View behind them.
7. Morgan (5-3): It doesn’t appear the Trojans will get help from the rest of the region in their quest to catch Stansbury for the Region 11 crown, but the Trojans will still be dangerous come playoff time.
8. Bear River (5-3): After routing Grantsville, the Bears take a break from league action to battle Pine View this week. Tooele is certainly highlighted on the calendar in the final week of the regular season, though.
(Top of Utah teams include 15 high schools in the Standard-Examiner’s coverage area)